The Artist Pivot

Pivot - The pin or centre on which anything balances and turns.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Catch up Post 1

Hi Everyone,

Wow where does the time go? I have not even had a day off since my last post and yet I still cna't seem to get caught up.

Our Grand Opening was on Oct 19th and we had a great day with lots of new customers coming through the door. We had a free raffle with 15 goodie bags and I still have one that I will have to hand deliver to the winner. (I didnt call her) Could it be you? Well let me give a hint....I will be delivering your goodie bag with the other stuff you asked me for. So if you asked me for some stuff recently, and you were at the Grand Opening, it just may be you getting the delivery.

Our outdoor sign is done. Thank-you to Artist and friend Lydia Hildebrandt for the design and all of the work to paint it. I would like to thank my wonderful hubbyman, Tom for installing it and a thank you to Sandra for helping me hold it, as we stood on the edge of the truck tail gate, while Tom hooked it up. Whew! glad we only have to do that once.



An update on the cats:

I continue to feed them daily, (another reason I want to come to the shop everyday) and have made progress with the little one. I have given her the name of Pumpkin Annie Pie. She now lets me pet her and pick her up. I have shown her her reflection in the mirror and now she seems to like to do that everyday. She definitely has the makings of a "Diva".
Momma cat is still slow to respond to touch, and she still hisses at me, and has even swat at me (and drawn blood) but at least now she will come inside to eat. I call her Hissy Missy Momma.  Old Tommy (aka Denny for Dennis) is a bit friendly and he does get a bit of food too. Sorry no picture of him yet, but he is definitely Pumpkin Annie's dad, he is a very large orange tabby.






Our young artists. Any of the younger children that come through the store receive a free paper pack. Here are some pics of our young artists. These pics will be posted in an album on our facebook page with out names or personal information. Please do not tag these photos in anyway unless you are the parents.


2 more vendors to tell you about:

As I mentioned, I am a little bit behind and trying to get caught up. These vendors are at the shop since near the first day but I had not yet posted anything about their booths.

Cathy Shellenberg (from Steinbach) makes handmade cards, and notebooks recycled from product packaging. Her cards are whimsical and delightful and a mere $4.00 per card. The note books are amazing and only $3.00 each? How does she do it? The note books are selling fast (Cathy can we have some more please) and will make fabulous stocking stuffers for Christmas.


Sylvia Lomax, (from St. Pierre ) is a multi talented artist and painter. I can not even begin to tell you how detailed her work is, you really must stop by the shop to see for yourself, sorry but my pictures do not do justice to her incredible workmanship.





Dibbs, Features, and New Stock:
From time to time I will post pics on Facebook and it will be of donated items that just came in and in an effort to move things quickly I may offer you the chance to "Dibb" on it. If it is in the free room and I tell you it is a "Dibbable item" the first person to leave a comment will have the item held aside for pick up. Sorry it is first come first serve, and it is up to you to be quick and on the watch. I guess I should also mention that it is to be held for picked up within one week. If you are prepared to pay the shipping I could mail it out to you. PayPal account required for shipping charges.

Lorie was able to pick up this nativity star from our first dibbs post. Whooo hooo Lorie!


"Features" will be items that have come into the shop and are available in the free room. These are items that come in larger quantities and we want to move them fast so that we dont get overloaded. It is not easy to offer someone dibbs on these types of items but if you message me I could try based on the pics.

Here is an example of a feature item, we received 3 huge boxes of binders, all sizes and colors. Most are in very good shape and could be easily decorated for repurposing. Also, did you know that binders are a great source for what I call "preemo" chipboard? Yeah, if a binder doesnt cut it as a binder, I cut it up! And if it is one of those plastic thin binders without a cardboard base, that plastic goes through my sizzix die cutter machine very nicely. I can cut some pretty fun shapes and designs.


We still have lots of these binders available so please stop in when you have a chance, there might be more items you will leave with all for free.

New Stock posts will be to show you what has come in from any of the vendors and artists in the shop. I haven't started this yet but will try to get that going this week. These will be posted directly to Facebook and I will post the prices of these items and a basic description. If you want to purchase any of these items you can by messaging or commenting on Facebook. You can also phone or message me directly.
Same rules apply, held for pickup within one week or mail out is possible with shipping charges and a PayPal account.

We will also from time to time post pics of what you missed out on. Yep, sometimes things come in the shop and are sold before we can even put them out for sale. We will call these "While you were snoozing" LOL okay maybe that's a little mean, but our stock is changing all the time and we want to show off a bit. :)

One last thing, a downloadable album for images.
On Facebook, you will find a photo album called Downloadable Images (on The Artist Pivot Page look for Albums). These are images and photos that I own copyright to, and I offer them to you to download and use for your art and craft creations for free. Here is a sample of the images I have posted there so far. These are some fall leaves that were everywhere at the back of the store. I realized that they would make a fabulous background for art or scrap booking. I would love to see what you create with these images. This album will be updated from time to time with new images.


You can also download these image directly from this blog post however the resolution will not be full size as on Facebook.

There is so much more to show and tell, like another new vendor, Marc Gilbert, the Christmas Room, another major feature item, and upcoming classes, but I have to go take pictures of the latest stuff. So I am now headed to the store for another full day of sorting and I will try to post part 2 of this catchup post tonight or as soon as I can. Don't worry, it wont take as long this time.

Thanks for stopping by!
kim



2 comments:

  1. So i just became a member of your blog last night and i swear to you i have spent hours searching all theblogs and links to see if you were still around. Finally, i found you! Im not creepy, i promise! I just got into mixed media/ collage a few months ago and i spend ridiculous amounts of time searching for blogs and sites that inspire, teach, and contribute. I just want to thank you so much for all the time and effort that youve put into your sites and images. You are greatly appreciated and im so glad i found a few sites where i will keep coming back. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....thanks. I'll bring you journals very soon.

    ReplyDelete