The Artist Pivot

Pivot - The pin or centre on which anything balances and turns.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday my other day off...... eye candy for you

Hi Everyone,

Okay so I spent all day Sunday at the store sorting  and organizing in the sorting room. So now I should be able to work in there to process items that come in. Sure right? LOL

So today, Monday, is supposed to be a day to stay home and work on some paperwork and a few things around the house, but that didnt really happen.

So here are the pics from my day off:

2 very dirty stinky bunnies, I removed their clothes and added them to a tea dye bath that I was making in the washing machine. The dye process was to include many yards of white ribbon that had been made in to bows for a wedding (I think). Also had an old wedding dress and veil that were very distressed already and very musty. I figured I would dye them too and if they didnt turn out they would get cut up for art. At the very least I am hoping to salvage the distressed wedding dress into a store prop. But back to the bunnies...

Here are the bunnies, and yes they are doing the back float so dont worry they can breathe. I was very careful and nothing was agitated just gently swooshed around with a wood stick.

Ribbons and veil on the line drying. The ribbons are a very light tea stain that will be perfect for an upcoming tag class I will be doing. The veil did not do so well, but again these pieces will be used in my tag class. Tag class is 20 shabby chic shipping tags all supplies included for $20.00. I will be doing my samples very soon.

More ribbons and a few pieces of cloth I had thrown in the mix. One cloth took on a very orangy coloring. I wonder if something reacted that was in the cloth?

My bunnies are very soaked and very distressed (only in colour). They seemed very happy to be sun bathing in the nude. :)

The wedding dress stained very nicely and will make a lovely distressed prop in the store. Not sure where yet, but I am happy how it turned out. I hung it from the wire frame that Tom made for our vine.
Its really cool hanging there but a bit eerie.

So After all the washing and hanging, I went out to the garden and picked a bowl of yellow raspberries. I think I ate as much as you see in the pic and will share the rest with Tom. They are delicious and I was surprised that they made it through the frost we had. If the weather holds up okay I should be able to pick another bowl in a couple of days.

I also spent an hour trying to coax Lulu out of our tree and finally had to get out the ladder to go get her. No sooner down and she ran right back up. Then I let her get down herself the second time. Sorry no pics I wasnt thinking about pics at the time.

Then Lulu came in the house and decided she found another new toy to play with. Ratty was outside so this time I know who the culprit is.

A quick lunch, PJ toast and tea! Yum!

Then taking the labels off these lovely blue bottles. Its a real pain getting the glue off these bottles even with olive oil, had to do them twice. I am sure the glue could be put to really good use for medical purposes. Like glueing incisions or gluing small limbs like fingers or toes back on.
Really I would love to get some of this glue.
I cleaned 7 bottles and still have 7 more but that will have to be saved for another day. Its an ugly job.

Then I washed a sink full of flowers and leaves. Some things just should not have a bad smell but they do, and the water was pretty dark when I was done. 2 rinses and some drying time and they will be ready for return to the store.
Next, went and brought in the dryed items but the bunnies are going to take a month to dry. I will leave thes out for the rest of the day and then try to dry in the dryer. Dont they look cute? LOL The staining is looking really good.

Okay so last but not least, one tuckered out playful kitten still needs to sit on my lap for a nap. Lulu misses me when I am gone. She always runs to meet me as soon as I come home.  It makes me sad for those cats at the store. Maybe someday they will own a lap too.

She purrs like a little motor....

Okay thats it for this post. I will take more pics tomorrow at the store and try to update again tomorrow night.
Gotta go make supper for the Hubbyman!

No comments:

Post a Comment