The Artist Pivot

Pivot - The pin or centre on which anything balances and turns.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Something Pretty

After the overuse of the word ugly these last couple of days, I decided to show you something pretty.
This piece is approx 3.5 x 4.5 inches. I made it using one of those old metal brass photos frames that were so popular in the 60's and 70's. You know the ones with the glass and the cardboard back with a little flap so the photo can free stand.
I took the glass out and glued a pretty paper to the cardboard back and then collaged items on top to create this pretty little 3d art. I used scrabble tiles and spelled Time. The little girl is a vintage image reproduction and she is most likely deceased, or if not she is very very old. Someone's Grandmother? I am sure the thought never crossed her mind that she could be someone's Grandmother someday.

So it made me wonder, if I could go back in time and relive one day in my life what day would that be?
It is a toss up of 2 days. Either the day I met Tom or the very next day. I still can't decide.
 What day in your life would you want to relive?
Anyway this piece of art will be available at the Tolstoi Collectibles and Crafts Sale this weekend.
Click here for dates and times or click the link on the right hand column to visit the blog.

That's all for today!
xo
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment